Mediterranean Potato Salad
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, 1/2-inch cubed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced for garnish
- Add the salt to a pot of water and bring to a roiling boil; add potatoes, cover pot with a lid, and reduce heat to low. Cook potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water to cool.
- Combine the remaining ingredients by stirring together the tomato, olive oil, green onion, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, and paprika in a bowl; add potatoes and stir to coat. Season salad with salt and pepper.
- Garnish salad with green onions and serve divided into sides for an entrée or in a large bowl to share.
For extra Mediterranean flavor, add some sliced Kalamata olives.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
I made this potato salad for a potluck and everyone loved it! The herbs and spices are so delicious, it tastes very Mediterranean. This will be my signature dish I bring to all the parties now!
Jake Findlay says:
I've never actually made potato salad, and usually find it pretty boring but was nominated to bring this to a potluck. The Mediterranean flavors with the lemon, parsley, and added Kalmata olives was a big hit!
Laura Griffin says:
This was my first time making non-traditional potato salad, without yellow mustard. I like the Mediterranean spin! The lemon and parsley are so flavorful, they definitely stand out in this dish, but it's not overwhelming. Now I know what to bring to potlucks and dinner parties, instead of store bought potato salad.
Bernardette Flatow says:
This salad is a complete meal in itself for all seasons- I added some red wine vinegar to the dressing for a zing!