Mediterranean Potato Salad
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, 1/2-inch cubed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced for garnish
- Add the salt to a pot of water and bring to a roiling boil; add potatoes, cover pot with a lid, and reduce heat to low. Cook potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water to cool.
- Combine the remaining ingredients by stirring together the tomato, olive oil, green onion, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, and paprika in a bowl; add potatoes and stir to coat. Season salad with salt and pepper.
- Garnish salad with green onions and serve divided into sides for an entrée or in a large bowl to share.
For extra Mediterranean flavor, add some sliced Kalamata olives. You can even sprinkle some feta cheese on top just before serving if you like!
What others are saying
Pinney Stern says:
This was a very good salad. My husband said it was very delicious. And I served at room temperature which was nice.
Stephanie D says:
I used red potatoes instead of Yukon, and it worked out well. The lemon and parsley was perfect for flavor. I also used pitted, sliced Kalamata olives. So good!
Jessica Scott says:
I made this potato salad for a potluck and everyone loved it! The herbs and spices are so delicious, it tastes very Mediterranean. This will be my signature dish I bring to all the parties now!
Jake Findlay says:
I've never actually made potato salad, and usually find it pretty boring but was nominated to bring this to a potluck. The Mediterranean flavors with the lemon, parsley, and added Kalmata olives was a big hit!
Laura Griffin says:
This was my first time making non-traditional potato salad, without yellow mustard. I like the Mediterranean spin! The lemon and parsley are so flavorful, they definitely stand out in this dish, but it's not overwhelming. Now I know what to bring to potlucks and dinner parties, instead of store bought potato salad.
Bernardette Flatow says:
This salad is a complete meal in itself for all seasons- I added some red wine vinegar to the dressing for a zing!