Summer Vegetable and Pasta Salad
- 1 ear corn, husked
- 1 zucchini squash, sliced into rounds
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into rounds
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat a stovetop grill over medium-high heat.
- Cook corn on hot grill, turning every 5 minutes until kernels are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Let corn cool completely. Carefully slice corn from the cob.
- Toss zucchini, yellow squash, and bell pepper with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Cook on stovetop grill until tender, 2 to 3 minutes per side; transfer to a cutting board to cool. Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook orzo in boiling water until tender, about 10 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water to chill.
- Mix orzo, olives, onion, parsley, mint, feta cheese, lemon juice, and olive oil together in a bowl; add the grilled corn and vegetables and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe is so versatile because you can substitute your favorite seasonal vegetables. An easy variation would be to use diced tomato and cucumber instead of the grilled vegetables. Try queso fresco or Cotija cheese instead of the feta cheese. Any pasta will work here too; fusilli or rotini would be a great substitution. Use a gluten-free pasta or rice to make it a gluten-free meal.
What others are saying
Laura Griffin says:
This summer vegetable pasta salad is light and delicious. I am obsessed with orzo pasta and it goes perfect in this dish. Perfect for potlucks or other casual gatherings, or for a light lunch or dinner.
Jen the Mighty says:
I love grilling corn on the cob and adding it to anything, so pairing it with summer squash in an orzo salad was a real treat. I can totally see myself using sun-dried tomatoes in here as well for even more flavor.