Springy Chimichurri Pasta Salad
- 2 cups fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, or more as needed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Pasta Salad:
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 3 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- zest of 1 lemon
- Blend the parsley, olive oil, vinegar, garlic and salt in a blender until smooth; add more olive oil as needed. Alternately, put the ingredients into a deep bowl or pot and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. A
- Toss zucchini and broccoli florets with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt in a large bowl; spread onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven until the vegetables are cooked through and starting to char, about 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables roast, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook penne pasta at a boil until al dente, 9 to 11 minutes; drain and rinse under cold running water to cool completely.
- Transfer penne to a large bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil; add the cooked vegetables, 1 cup prepared chimichurri, peas, walnuts, feta cheese, and lemon zest to the pasta and toss to mix.
Want to skip the pasta? Increase the amount of vegetables and smother them in the chimichurri.
What others are saying
Jen the Mighty says:
I love chimichurri and was thrilled to see it in a pasta recipe. What a wonderful dish -- it highlights spring flavors but can be made all year! Delicious!