Lemon and Mint Spaghetti
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook spaghetti at a boil until al dente, about 8 minutes. Remove ½ cup of the boiling water for later use. Drain spaghetti.
- Whisk Parmesan cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, mint, and lemon zest together in a large bowl; add pasta and toss to coat, adding reserved water from boiling the pasta as needed to keep the noodles separate.
- Season with salt and pepper to serve.
When Parmesan cheese is the star of the dish, make sure to use the best. Opt for Parmigiano Reggiano and grate it on your own for the best flavor.
What others are saying
Jen the Mighty says:
This is everything. Gone are my days of noodles with butter (okay, not gone, but not as often now that I have THIS recipe in my arsenal) -- lemon juice, olive oil, and mint are here to stay! Love the light flavors. No shade intended towards spaghetti, but I love this with linguine!