Quick and Easy Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Pour about ½ cup water onto a 9x12-inch baking sheet and lay a sheet of baking parchment over the water.
- Mix ground beef, egg, onion, garlic, tomato sauce, thyme, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Shape the mixture into 8 meatballs.
- Gently arrange meatballs on the baking sheet with even spacing between them.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 25 minutes.
If you want the protein without the carbs, skip the spaghetti! You an also enjoy this recipe for a protein packed, low-carb (no bread crumbs or cheese) meatball. They are great when dipped in your favorite mustard! Double the batch and freeze half of the cooked meatballs for a quick meal or appetizer in the future. Just reheat them in the oven at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) until warmed through, about 15 minutes.
What others are saying
Chaz Norwood says:
Made these meatballs for a kids party and they were gone even before the hostess could get a bite. They were really good. I also made some using ground turkey.
Sam Dalton says:
I made these meatballs for myself for meal prep, and they were really good. My wife took it upon herself to eat some, so they didn't make it to day four. Very flavorful and hearty.
Aja A says:
Good easy Paleo meatball dish. I skip the pasta all together and eat them as cocktail meatballs with a side salad for lunch or dinner.