Strawberry and Spinach Summer Salad
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- Whisk the olive oil, honey, red wine vinegar, shallot, and sea salt together in a bowl; season with pepper.
- Toss the baby spinach, strawberries, pecans, and goat cheese together in a salad bowl. Drizzle dressing over the salad to serve.
During the winter months when strawberries aren't at their best, substitute sliced pears or apples.
What others are saying
Queen Foodie says:
Easily one of my favorite salads ever. I'd swapped out the pecans for candied walnuts and it was even better.