Grilled Mediterranean Meatballs
- 2 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 10 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 60 minutes
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high.
- Pulse the onion and parsley together in a food processor; drain liquid from the mixture and transfer to a bowl.
- Mix ground beef, chili paste, sumac, salt, and pepper with the onion-parsley mixture; divide and roll into 1-inch balls.
- Thread meatballs, red pepper chunks, and red onion wedges alternately onto the skewers.
- Grill kabobs until meatballs are cooked in the center, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Instead of (or in addition to) bell peppers and onions, chunks of eggplant and zucchini would be delicious on these skewers.
What others are saying
Jen the Mighty says:
As soon as I saw grilled meatballs and sumac I was sold on this recipe. For some reason, even though I make burgers on the grill, it never occurred to me to grill meatballs. What a revelation! Don't forget to soak those bamboo skewers so that they don't catch on fire!