Kobe Beef Burger with Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 4 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds ground Kobe beef
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 6 pretzel burger buns, toasted
- 6 slices goat cheese
- Melt ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onions. Season onions with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring regularly, until the onions are caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high.
- Shape Kobe beef into 6 patties; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook patties on hot grill to desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium.
- Serve burgers on toasted pretzel buns; top each with 2 to 3 tablespoons caramelized onion and one slice goat cheese. Serve Immediately.
Trying to go low-carb? Treat yourself to this burger using lettuce instead of a bun for a healthy low-carb meal.
What others are saying
Queen Foodie says:
I am a huge fan of carmelized onions! I always made them at home and ask for them on my burgers at restaurants. The goat cheese is a nice change of pace and elevates the burgers so you can serve them at a dinner patty. It's a fun idea to even make them into sliders.