Spicy Grilled Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Asian-style ground chili paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Stir garlic, chili paste, soy sauce, and olive oil together in a bowl; add shrimp and mix to coat. Let shrimp marinate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers; grill until pink and white on the inside, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Arrange skewers on a platter. Squeeze lemon over the shrimp and garnish with chopped parsley to serve.
To prevent wooden skewers from burning, soak them in water at least 30 minutes before grilling.
What others are saying
Caro Hodgin says:
Loved the idea another commenter left to finish cast iron seared shrimp off with a smoking gun. I got one for Christmas and had never used it! They were so smoky which went really well with the sambal oelek chili paste.
Aja A says:
Love this simple shrimp dish! It has the right amount of heat and the perfect topping over white or brown rice. If you don't have an outdoor grill (like me) a cast-iron grill pan will work just fine. I went a little extra and finished them off with a smoking gun just to get a bit of that outdoor grill aroma- however, that is not necessary.