Spicy Grilled Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Asian-style ground chili paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Stir garlic, chili paste, soy sauce, and olive oil together in a bowl; add shrimp and mix to coat. Let shrimp marinate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers and discard marinade. Grill shrimp until pink on the outside and white on the inside, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Arrange skewers on a platter. Squeeze lemon over the shrimp and garnish with chopped parsley.
To prevent wooden skewers from burning, soak them in water at least 30 minutes before grilling. Or better yet, use metal skewers if you have them! This is a very versatile marinade; use it for veggies or chicken that you grill or roast in the oven. Asparagus, zucchini, broccoli, or onion pieces would work really well. Add a touch of chopped from cilantro to the parsley for a slightly different flavor!
What others are saying
Aja A says:
Love this simple shrimp dish! It has the right amount of heat and the perfect topping over white or brown rice. If you don't have an outdoor grill (like me) a cast-iron grill pan will work just fine. I went a little extra and finished them off with a smoking gun just to get a bit of that outdoor grill aroma- however, that is not necessary.
Caro Hodgin says:
Loved the idea another commenter left to finish cast iron seared shrimp off with a smoking gun. I got one for Christmas and had never used it! They were so smoky which went really well with the sambal oelek chili paste.
Jenny J says:
I took this shrimp and used it to make a Cajun / Asian fusion style Po-Boy sandwich on French bread. It was really good, and extra spicy.
Kaylee Adams says:
I used sriracha and lots of garlic for this shrimp. Also, used really large gulf shrimp. So good. This is a simple recipe for a quick dinner. I served it with spiralized zucchini.
Jazzy Brewer says:
I made this grilled shrimp with a pomegranate molasses salad (also on this site). I love the spicy flavors and it paired perfectly with the sweet salad. I used really large, fresh shrimp and devoured it.