Homemade Pita Chips
- 6 whole wheat pita breads, each cut into 8 triangles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or more as needed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Lay pita triangles onto a baking sheet. Brush olive oil evenly onto pita to coat; season with salt and pepper. Flip the triangles and repeat.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
You can customize your pita chips by adding your favorite spices and herbs such as oregano, paprika, or cumin. Za'atar is also a delicious seasoning; traditionally made with oregano, sesame seeds, cumin, and sumac. Sprinkle the seasoning onto the pita triangles right after you brush them with olive oil so they stick to the pita. They can be prepared in advance and then stored in an airtight container until ready to use.
What others are saying
Jennifer Ingram says:
I love to make these at home and add all sorts of different flavors: cinnamon sugar, garlic salt & parmesan, herb salt.
Randall Hauk says:
Trust me here: Make these and the beet dip on this site. Spread the beet dip on this and sprinkle some chevre onto it. SO GOOD!
Aja A says:
So easy to make and better than the bagged ones you buy at the grocery store. I like to sprinkle different types of seasoning on them before baking such as garlic powder/garlic salt and parsley, smoked paprika, or parmesan cheese.
Jen the Mighty says:
So easy to make and a great accompaniment to hummus. I like the simple seasoning but might go crazy and add a little dried oregano next time around.