BBQ Pork Burrito
- 1 (2 pound) pork loin roast
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups prepared broccoli slaw
- 6 large whole-grain tortillas or wraps
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the pork roast in the crock of a slow cooker; top with onion slices. Stir barbecue sauce and water together in a bowl; pour over the pork roast.
- Cook pork on Low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove pork roast to a platter and shred with two forks.
- Whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, rice vinegar, and honey together in a large mixing bowl; season with salt and pepper. Stir the prepared broccoli slaw with the mayonnaise mixture to coat.
- Heat tortillas in a microwave oven until warm, about 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese into the center of a tortilla; top with about 1/2 cup shredded pork and 1/2 cup broccoli slaw. Fold one edge of the tortilla over the filling. Fold to opposing sides to slightly overlap the filling. Roll burrito tightly toward remaining edge to finish.
If the pork seems a little dry when shredding, add some of the delicious liquid in the slow cooker.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
Nothing but good things to say about this hearty pork burrito. The only thing I would probably do differently would be to smother it in a sauce. Exceptional, delicious, and easy to make in the slow cooker.
Jen the Mighty says:
Pulled pork is the perfect burrito filling, and I am very pleased with how this turned out. The one part of the recipe that was tricky was figuring out that the broccoli slaw actually meant just the undressed shredded broccoli. I was a little confused as to why I'd dress something twice. Once I got past that I totally figured it out and it turned out great!