Barbeque Chicken Quesadilla with Papaya and Brie
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
- 2 cups shredded roasted chicken
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 large papaya, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Layer 1 tablespoon barbeque sauce, ½ cup chicken, 2 ounces Brie cheese, about ¼ of the papaya, ¼ of the cilantro, and ¼ of the green onion onto a tortilla. Top with a second tortilla and press to flatten slightly. Repeat process with remaining ingredients.
- Melt ½ teaspoon butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook a quesadilla in the skillet until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are slightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Thinly sliced mango would be a delicious substitute for the papaya.
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
I really love this recipe. For some reason, the bbq chicken and papaya just work. It's a smoky, sweet tasting quesadilla that even my kids love. We make these every time we have people over now.
Caro Hodgin says:
I took the author's suggestion and used mango instead of papaya as I already had it in my fridge. Wow, the BBQ sauce and the sweet mango were so tasty together. I served this with a simple romaine salad and extra BBQ on the side for dipping. Had never thought to use brie in a quesadilla but will definitely do it again.