Roasted Herb Potatoes
- 2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (210°C).
- Mix potatoes, olive oil, rosemary, garlic, and thyme together in a large bowl; spread onto a lined baking sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven until edges are crispy golden light brown.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to serve.
Fingerling, rose gold, or Inca gold potatoes or a mixture of new potatoes are a delicious and colorful variation to use when cooking with this recipe. Save some rosemary and thyme sprigs to decorate the serving platter or dinner plates. For a little heat, stir in some cayenne pepper!
What others are saying
Randall Hauk says:
This is a great starter for roasting potatoes. I prefer to par-boil my potatoes before roasting, as I find I get a bit better texture, but for a straight roast, it's hard to beat the garlic and rosemary here.
Aja A says:
Just your basic roasted herb potatoes. Regardless, it's still a classic. I like to toss some sliced shallots in the mix as well as some red peppers. This pairs very well with beet sauce. Trust me on that, you will love it!
Tarragon Boi says:
This is a really simple roast potato recipe. I loved it
Bernardette Flatow says:
I love my potatoes roasted - I added two sliced onions to the bake - goes well with meat.
Tal Levitas says:
So delicious and so simple. I cooked a cast iron steak and used these as the side!
Paola van der Hulst says:
This is a gorgeous, simple (and staple!) side dish with all the right proportions. SUPER yummy as a side roasted chicken!
Steve Failows says:
I threw in some other root veggies and it added some pops of color - nice and simple, one of my go-to sides, hard to mess up.
Alyx Leigh says:
So tasty! I kicked up the garlic a bit and added some chili oil for a little kick. The perfect partner to any main dish