Baked Arugula Lemon Chicken with Goat Cheese
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (4 ounce) log goat cheese with herbs
- 1/2 cup torn arugula
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest, or more to taste
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Lay a chicken breast flat onto a cutting board. Holding your knife parallel to the cutting board, use the tip of the knife to cut a slit into the thickest part of the breast. Move knife tip back and forth to form a pocket. Repeat with remaining breasts.
- Mix the goat cheese, arugula, and lemon zest together in a bowl. Roll the mixture into a ball and divide into four equal portions.
- Stuff one of the goat cheese portions into the pocket cut into each chicken breast; arrange onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until the chicken is slightly brown and the cheese is gooey; about 30 minutes.
Add chopped green onion, parsley, or cilantro to the cheese mixture for extra flavor.
What others are saying
Aja A says:
This was a winner with my friends. Personally, I'm not an arugula fan, but the chicken and goat cheese was dynamite. I ended up removing the arugula off my plate and eating the chicken by itself, but it was still fulfilling.
Jen the Mighty says:
Chicken with goat cheese and peppery arugula is a natural pairing. I like to use the zest of a preserved lemon to really kick up the flavor. Delicious.