Crispy-Skin Salmon with Lemon Garlic Sauce
- 2 skin-on salmon fillets
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
- Mix parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Melt ghee in hot skillet. Gently lie salmon fillets in the hot butter, skin-side down; sear until the skin is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn fillets and cook until flesh firms, about 2 minutes more. Remove skillet from heat and drizzle lemon-garlic mixture over the fillets before plating.
Ghee is readily available at many grocery stores, but you can also make your own: melt 1/2 cup butter in a small pan and skim off the milky whey from the top. Refrigerate remaining clarified butter. Ghee has a higher smoke point than butter, making it a great cooking fat for all types of dishes. For another delicious salmon option made popular at Red Lobster (but easy at home), try our Salmon New Orleans.
What others are saying
Jeremy Hughes says:
Easy recipe! I usually bake my salmon, but this pan-fried version is just as easy. I had it with cauliflower rice and sautéed spinach. Perfect dinner for two.
Sarah Gray says:
I used regular butter for this recipe and pan-fried the fish in my cast iron until I got extra crispy skin. It was really good, especially the lemon garlic sauce. I used three cloves garlic instead of two. Yum.
Sheila Long says:
I made these minus the salmon skin, I prefer mine without it. I also made my own ghee and now I'm obsessed with making it myself!
Katie Hason says:
I love this crispy skin salmon, it's perfect and adds so much flavor to the dish! The lemon garlicky flavors are superb! This is one of my favorite recipes.
Aja A says:
Easy to prepare dish that I pair alongside a basic salad or just a quick lemon-dill yogurt sauce with. You will definitely want to get the salmon skin as crispy as possible to make it a palatable as possible.