Crispy-Skin Salmon with Lemon Garlic Sauce
- 2 skin-on salmon fillets
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
- Mix parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Melt ghee in hot skillet. Gently lie salmon fillets in the hot butter, skin-side down; sear until the skin is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn fillets and cook until flesh firms, about 2 minutes more. Remove skillet from heat and drizzle lemon-garlic mixture over the fillets before plating.
Opt for Italian (flat leaf) parsley instead of curly parsley as it has much more flavor.
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
I love this crispy skin salmon, it's perfect and adds so much flavor to the dish! The lemon garlicky flavors are superb! This is one of my favorite recipes.
Aja A says:
Easy to prepare dish that I pair alongside a basic salad or just a quick lemon-dill yogurt sauce with. You will definitely want to get the salmon skin as crispy as possible to make it a palatable as possible.