- Polenta Fries:
- 3 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 3 ½ tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Yogurt Dip:
- ½ cup Greek-style yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Bring vegetable stock to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir polenta, 3 1/2 tablespoons chives, and salt into the stock; cook while stirring continuously with a wooden spoon until the polenta starts to thicken and come away from the pan, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Stir Parmesan cheese into polenta and pour into the prepared baking dish. Smooth the top of the polenta with the back of the spoon.
- Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Stir yogurt, 2 teaspoons chives, garlic, and lemon juice together in a bowl; season with salt and black pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare a baking sheet with oil.
- Slice polenta into strips of your preferred size; arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, flip, and continue baking until golden brown, 15 to 25 minutes more. Serve immediately.
Try mixing chopped fresh garlic and fresh parsley into the polenta before spreading it into the baking dish. Add to the Italian pedigree of these polenta fries by stirring some chopped fresh basil or oregano into the dipping sauce. Alternatively, add a little kick! Mix in 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or your favorite hot sauce, such as Sriracha or Tabasco, to make a spicy yogurt dip. These fries go really well alongside a lamb burger with goat cheese.
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
I made this polenta fries and they were so good, I love how crispy they turned out. The yogurt dip is also a must try! The perfect amount of lemon and garlic in the dip. Scrumptious!
Jen the Mighty says:
It's a shame the yogurt dip isn't listed in the title because YUM! What's not to love about cheesy polenta fries dipped in a tangy yogurt dip? So good.