- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded thin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Season chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sear chicken in hot oil until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add tomatoes, white wine, and balsamic vinegar to the skillet; cook to just soften the tomatoes, about 2 minutes.
- Lay mozzarella cheese slices onto the chicken breasts and move the skillet to the preheated oven.
- Bake until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Garnish with basil to serve.
Protect the skillet handle by wrapping it in a double layer of aluminum foil before placing it in the hot oven.
What others are saying
Jen the Mighty says:
One of the best combinations in the food world is tomatoes, mozarella, and fresh basil drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Add chicken to that mix and you have a star. I love the hot tomatoes with the melted cheese and how they present a new take on the classic cold dish. The amount of cheese was a bit much for me so I cut it back quite a bit by just thin slices over each breast.