Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Waffles
- cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1¼ cups milk
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening, melted
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips, plus more for garnish
- Prepare a waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs, milk, peanut butter, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl; whisk into the flour mixture until egg mixture is well incorporated into flour mixture. Add melted butter and shortening and whisk until batter is smooth; fold in chocolate chips.
- Add ½ to ⅔ cup batter to the waffle iron; cook until golden brown.
Coat your waffle iron well with cooking spray to ensure that the waffles don't stick. Top waffles with your favorite ice cream (we like chocolate, vanilla bean, or rocky road), add hot fudge sauce, and sprinkle chopped peanuts over the top for a rich dessert! Try mixing 1 to 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder into the batter for a chocolate waffle. For even more chocolate, add chocolate chips to the batter!
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
Delicious, chocolatey, peanut buttery goodness! I made this for dessert, served with ice cream and nuts and it was so delicious. I think I will make this again for my birthday instead of cake?! If you like chocolate and peanut butter, this recipe is for you!
Sam Dalton says:
These peanut butter chocolate chip waffles are incredible. Probably one of my favorite things to eat on a Saturday. Definitely a guilty pleasure.