Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Waffles
- cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1¼ cups milk
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening, melted
- ⅔ cup mini chocolate chips + more for garnish
- Prepare a waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs, milk, peanut butter, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl; whisk into the flour mixture until flour is completely moistened; add melted butter and shortening and whisk. Fold chocolate chips through the batter.
- Add ½ to ⅔ cup batter to the waffle iron; cook until golden brown.
Top with favorite ice cream, drizzle with hot fudge sauce and sprinkle with chopped peanuts for a super indulgent dessert!
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
Delicious, chocolatey, peanut buttery goodness! I made this for dessert, served with ice cream and nuts and it was so delicious. I think I will make this again for my birthday instead of cake?! If you like chocolate and peanut butter, this recipe is for you!
Sam Dalton says:
These peanut butter chocolate chip waffles are incredible. Probably one of my favorite things to eat on a Saturday. Definitely a guilty pleasure.