Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Waffles
- cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1¼ cups milk
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening, melted
- ⅔ cup mini chocolate chips + more for garnish
- Prepare a waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs, milk, peanut butter, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl; whisk into the flour mixture until flour is completely moistened; add melted butter and shortening and whisk. Fold chocolate chips through the batter.
- Add ½ to ⅔ cup batter to the waffle iron; cook until golden brown.
Be sure to coat your waffle iron well with cooking spray to ensure that the waffles don't stick. Top these with your favorite ice cream (we like chocolate, vanilla bean or rocky road), drizzle with hot fudge sauce and sprinkle with chopped peanuts for a super indulgent dessert!
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
Delicious, chocolatey, peanut buttery goodness! I made this for dessert, served with ice cream and nuts and it was so delicious. I think I will make this again for my birthday instead of cake?! If you like chocolate and peanut butter, this recipe is for you!
Sam Dalton says:
These peanut butter chocolate chip waffles are incredible. Probably one of my favorite things to eat on a Saturday. Definitely a guilty pleasure.