Watermelon and Halloumi Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices halloumi cheese
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup watermelon cubes
- Whisk extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, mint, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook halloumi slices on hot skillet until lightly golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Toss the arugula and watermelon cubes together in a salad bowl; top with grilled haloumi. Drizzle dressing over the salad just before serving.
Pomegranate molasses is a staple of Middle Eastern cuisine and is simply reduced sweetened pomegranate juice. It has a wonderful sweet-tart flavor.
What others are saying
Jazzy Brewer says:
I did arugula and spinach with the watermelon, without the cheese. I also added some shaved parm. It was really sweet, especially with the dressing. Loved the flavor though. I paired it with grilled shrimp.
Kaylee Adams says:
Made this salad with strawberry instead of watermelon. The pomegranate molasses is wonderful. It's perfect alone or with grilled fish.
Jenny J says:
I substituted the watermelon for strawberries, it was a great alternative. Also, really enjoyed the dressing. Love the tart flavors in contrast to the sweet strawberries and spicy greens.
Laura Griffin says:
I wanted to try a new salad and this recipe was perfect. I love this pomegranate dressing! It was so good. This is the perfect side salad, or entree salad and pairs well with grilled chicken.
Jen the Mighty says:
Pomegranate molasses with the lemon juice makes the perfect dressing for this salad. The halloumi cheese and arugula make a really nice combo with the watermelon. I love finding recipes with watermelon in a savory application! Fantastic.