Sweet Balsamic Chicken with Lemon and Olives
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 large chicken thighs
- 1 large pinch sea salt
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Move a rack to the center level in the oven.
- Stir the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and honey together in a bowl until smooth.
- Lay chicken thighs onto a shallow tray; season with salt.
- Pour just enough of the balsamic vinegar mixture over the chicken to coat, reserving at least half of it for later use.
- Heat a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Sear chicken thighs in hot pan until golden, about 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a large, shallow baking dish. Pour any remaining pan juices over the chicken.
- Add garlic to the dish. Pour reserved balsamic vinegar mixture over the chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Arrange olives, lemon wedges, and rosemary atop the chicken and return to oven until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 10 to 12 minutes more.
Turn this main dish into a healthy meal by adding a nutrient-rich green salad.
What others are saying
Nathan Long says:
Very tasty! The sauce is great. I got the chicken a little overdone with the times suggested, so I'd watch for that next time. And I'll probably omit the lemon wedges next time for simplicity, since the lemon flavor is already in the sauce.