Chicken and Rice Bake
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ cups long-grain white rice
- 1 cup peas
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Mix lemon juice, paprika, chili flakes, garlic powder, and parsley together in a bowl; add chicken and turn to coat with the spice mixture..
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry chicken in hot oil until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Mix rice and peas together in a 10x15-inch baking dish. Lay the chicken fillets atop the rice. Pour vegetable broth into the dish. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, remove foil, and continue baking until the rice is tender, about 10 minutes more; rest at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.
Add veggies such as broccoli or mushrooms to this recipe to make it even more nutritious and flavorful.
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
This chicken and rice bake was delicious and easy to make. I wasn't sure about putting uncooked rice in baking dish, but it turned out good. I did fry the chicken beforehand to get the nice golden brown coloring.
Queen Foodie says:
I really don't see the point of frying the chicken and then baking it so I just saluted it all the way through. Its a simple easy dish you can make just to get something yummy on the table for dinner.