Mini Turkey Meatloaves
- cooking spray
- ½ cup red pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ cup minced onion
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Prepare a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Stir red pepper jelly and pomegranate molasses together in a bowl until smooth.
- Mix ground turkey, onion, eggs, walnuts, parsley, salt, and pepper together in a large mixing bowl; add 2 tablespoons of the pepper jelly mixture and mix until all ingredients are well integrated.
- Divide turkey mixture into 6 individual portions. Shape each portion into a ball. Place each turkey mixture ball into the cups of the prepared muffin tin. Spoon about 1 tablespoon pepper jelly mixture onto each portion.
- Bake in preheated oven until loaves are browned in the center, 30 to 35 minutes
Red pepper jelly is a sweet yet spicy condiment that adds incredible flavor to these meatloaves. Pomegranate molasses is simply pomegranate juice that has been reduced down, with or without sugar, to a thick, intensely flavored syrup. It can often be found in the Middle Eastern section of the grocery store.
What others are saying
Aja A says:
This guilt-free recipe is perfect for a lunchtime meal prep. I wasn't sure about the pomegranate molasses working as I am used to a BBQ or ketchup sauce, but it gives off a well-balanced sweet and tart flavor to this savory dish. Also, everyone should have red pepper jelly on hand for most dishes (even just topped on scrambled eggs). It's a great alternative to ketchup and the heat is just right.
Jessica Scott says:
Super easy mini meat loafs. I'm used to eating it with ketchup, but the red pepper jelly was a good substitute. I'll probably make these again for game day!