Chickpea and Spinach Curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 7 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 7 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 5 ounces spinach leaves
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lime, juiced
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Fry onion in hot oil until softened, about 2 minutes; add garlic and curry paste, stir, and continue to cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Pour coconut milk into the saucepan and bring to a boil; add cherry tomatoes and cook at a simmer until the tomatoes soften, about 5 minutes. Stir chickpeas into the mixture and cook until warm, about 1 minute. Fold the spinach leaves into the mixture, cook for another minute, and remove from heat.
- Season the curry with salt and pepper and add lime juice to serve.
Boost the amount of protein in this curry by adding some thinly sliced chicken. Increase the amount of oil by one tablespoon, and fry the chicken before adding the onions. For extra nutrients, stir in two cups of baby kale at the same time as you add the spinach.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
This was an incredibly easy and delicious curry dish! Very simple and not intimating like some Indian recipes. This is great for newbies!
Jacqulyne de Jardins says:
Made this yesterday for a vegetarian Keto lunch. Very easy to make and full of flavor from the curry paste. I used red curry paste which had a really nice spice to it. I want to try this dish again with yellow curry paste next time.