Chickpea and Spinach Curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 7 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 7 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 5 ounces spinach leaves
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lime, juiced
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Fry onion in hot oil until softened, about 2 minutes; add garlic and curry paste, stir, and continue to cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Pour coconut milk into the saucepan and bring to a boil; add cherry tomatoes and cook at a simmer until the tomatoes soften, about 5 minutes. Stir chickpeas into the mixture and cook until warm, about 1 minute. Fold the spinach leaves into the mixture, cook for another minute, and remove from heat.
- Season the curry with salt and pepper and add lime juice to serve.
Increase the protein of this curry by adding thinly sliced chicken. Just start with 1 extra tablespoon oil and fry the chicken before adding the onions.
What others are saying
Jacqulyne de Jardins says:
Made this yesterday for a vegetarian Keto lunch. Very easy to make and full of flavor from the curry paste. I used red curry paste which had a really nice spice to it. I want to try this dish again with yellow curry paste next time.