Herby Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata
- 9 large eggs
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ small onion, sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Beat eggs, yogurt, oregano, and parsley together in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion in hot oil until it begins to brown, about 10 minutes. Stir asparagus, garlic, and salt with onion; cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Pour egg mixture into the skillet. Sprinkle goat cheese over egg mixture; cook until the edges begin to set, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to the preheated oven and bake until frittata has set in the center, about 15 minutes.
- Immediately cut into 8 wedges to serve.
Asparagus out of season? Use whatever is in season instead. Broccoli florets or cauliflower, available year round, would be a great substitute. Add chopped sausage or bacon if you aren't vegetarian and want a little extra protein in your meal. Swap in a different cheese if goat cheese isn't your thing. Feta cheese crumbles or shredded Gruyere cheese are great options!
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
I love making frittatas, especially for brunch! This asparagus version is super delicious, and perfect for spring and summer.
Jen the Mighty says:
I love the combination of eggs and goat cheese. This recipe is easy to put together and has a lot of good payout - it's delicious to eat and beautiful to look at! Make sure to serve it hot!