Herby Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata
- 9 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Beat eggs, yogurt, oregano, and parsley together in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil In a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion in hot oil until it begins to brown, about 10 minutes. Stir asparagus and garlic with the onion; cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Drop goat cheese in chunks onto the top of the eggs; cook until the edges begin to set, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to the preheated oven and bake until the eggs have set in the center, about 15 minutes.
- Immediately cut into 8 wedges to serve.
Asparagus out of season? Use whatever is in season instead. Broccoli florets, available year round would be a great substitute.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
I love making frittatas, especially for brunch! This asparagus version is super delicious, and perfect for spring and summer.
Jen the Mighty says:
I love the combination of eggs and goat cheese. This recipe is easy to put together and has a lot of good payout - it's delicious to eat and beautiful to look at! Make sure to serve it hot!