Lemon and Oregano Grilled Chicken
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Stir, olive oil, oregano, onion, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; pour into a large, resealable plastic bag; add the chicken and seal, removing as much air from the bag as possible. Massage the bag to assure the chicken is completely coated in marinade.
- Marinate chicken in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat. Remove chicken from the marinade, shaking to remove excess moisture. Discard marinade.
- Grill chicken on hot grill until the flesh is firm and no longer translucent in the center, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Pair this simple recipe with your favorite salad or roasted veggies for a complete and nutritious meal.
What others are saying
Randall George says:
We keep oregano in our herb garden, so this recipe was a no-brainer. It was simple enough for the boys to eat it without having to be persuaded to even try it. Lemon, oregano, and garlic just work well together.
Queen Foodie says:
I love that this recipe calls for fresh oregano. It's so worth hunting it down and getting that pure flavor coming thru every bite.