Teriyaki Salmon Skewers
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 pounds salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 8 to 10 wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 15 minutes
- Mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, lime juice, brown sugar, agave nectar, molasses, ginger, garlic, and chili flakes together in a bowl; add salmon and stir to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap.
- Marinate salmon in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to overnight.
- Melt coconut oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Alternate threading salmon and bell peppers onto the skewers; cook in hot pan until salmon is just cooked, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Garlic and ginger have many health benefits, including reducing inflammation and helping digestion.
What others are saying
Aja A says:
You do not need an outdoor grill to enjoy these. I mean, it will taste slightly a bit better with the grill flavor, but these worked just fine on my cast iron grill pan. Great for your next game day feast!