Lemony Shrimp and Artichoke Pasta Toss
- 1 pound linguine
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts in water, drained, patted dry, and quartered
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook linguine in boiling water until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, while reserving 1 cup water.
- Whisk Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, olive oil, and lemon zest together in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Saute garlic cloves in melted butter until fragrant, for 1 minute; add shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and sauté until the shrimp begins to turn pink, for 2 minutes. Stir artichoke hearts in with the shrimp; continue cooking until the artichoke hearts are warmed, for 2 more minutes.
- Toss the cooked pasta, lemon sauce, shrimp, and artichoke together in a large mixing bowl. Add reserved pasta-boiling water ⅓ cup at a time and toss to reach your desired consistency.
- Garnish with parsley to serve.
Swap out the artichoke for any other vegetable you like to your heart's desire. Customizing recipes is the joy of cooking at home. You can even use chicken instead of shrimp.
What others are saying
Alexandra Cabassa says:
Super easy! Delicious and filling without being too heavy! I'm obsessed with this!
Katie Hason says:
Garlicky lemon shrimp and pasta go together like peanut butter and jelly! This recipe has the right amount of flavor and spice. It's also light and simple, a perfect weeknight meal. I added extra shrimp and cheese! Great dish!
Laura Griffin says:
I love shrimp scampi! This recipe is so good, it should be on a restaurant menu! I added pine nuts for some extra crunch. Overall, delicious, classic dish and the sauce is superb.
Tarragon Boi says:
This was so simple and delicious. Really fresh tasting and delicious. You can't go wrong with Lemon and Shrimp!