Mediterranean Bruschetta Hummus Bites
- Classic Hummus
- 2 cups drained canned chickpeas, liquid reserved
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- salt to taste
- Bruschetta Topping
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 baguette, sliced
For best results, we recommend using:
- Blend chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, and garlic in a blender, adding reserved chickpea liquid as needed, until the mixture reaches a desired consistency; season with salt. Alternately, put the ingredients into a deep bowl or pot and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Mix diced tomato, cucumber, red onion, parsley, and olive oil together in a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 teaspoon hummus onto each bread slice; spoon tomato mixture onto the hummus.
If you're trying to lower your carb intake, bag the bread, and use this hummus as a topping on cool cucumbers, zucchini slices, or your favorite veggies. This also makes the recipe gluten-free! Sprinkle feta cheese or chopped fresh mozzarella cheese over the top for an extra savory note.
What others are saying
Aja A says:
Hummus is one of my favorite healthy things to snack on when I'm on the go. These are a crowd pleaser for sure as folks who are vegetarian and non-veg alike enjoy. I grilled the bread a bit to give an extra crunch.
Jen the Mighty says:
Classic freshly made hummus with tomatoes and cucumber on bread? Sign me up! I toasted the bread lightly, because I'm a rebel like that, and loved the little bit of extra crunch to give a nice balance to the different textures.