Egg Muffins with Mushrooms and Gruyère Cheese
- 10 large eggs
- 8 ounces mushrooms, diced
- ¾ cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir mushrooms, Gruyere cheese, milk, and parsley into the beaten eggs with a whisk; season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven until egg is fully cooked, about 25 minutes. Let egg muffins cool in cups before removing to serve.
Substitute your favorite vegetables or cheese into this recipe. For more protein, add bacon or sausage.
What others are saying
Aja A says:
Tried this recipe with lobster mushrooms and it was meaty. The gruyere makes it rich paired with the mushrooms. I was very happy with how this turned out. Added some sauteed onions on top after baking theses. Yes, you will need a salad to cut through the richness.
Jen the Mighty says:
I ditched the mushrooms in favor of green onion and was totally pleased with the results! Maybe next time I'll keep the mushrooms and green onion as well!