Egg Muffins with Mushrooms and Gruyère Cheese
- 10 large eggs
- 8 ounces mushrooms, diced
- ¾ cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Whisk mushrooms, Gruyere cheese, milk, and parsley into the beaten eggs; season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven until egg is fully cooked, about 25 minutes. Let egg muffins cool in cups before removing.
Switch up this recipe by substituting your favorite vegetables or cheese. Sautéed red bell peppers and onions are a nice combo with mozzarella cheese. For more protein, add crumbled bacon or sausage. The muffins can be baked, then covered and refrigerated for up to three days. Reheat in the oven or microwave before consuming.
What others are saying
Aja A says:
Tried this recipe with lobster mushrooms and it was meaty. The gruyere makes it rich paired with the mushrooms. I was very happy with how this turned out. Added some sauteed onions on top after baking theses. Yes, you will need a salad to cut through the richness.
Jen the Mighty says:
I ditched the mushrooms in favor of green onion and was totally pleased with the results! Maybe next time I'll keep the mushrooms and green onion as well!