Minted Kale Breakfast Bowl
- 6 cups torn kale leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 10 almonds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons flax seeds
- 1½ cup water, or more as needed
- 2 frozen bananas, chopped
- 2/3 cup frozen mixed berries)
- 1/2 cup ice
- Optional: flax seeds, granola, bee pollen, fresh fruit
- Process kale, mint leaves, almonds, chia seeds, flax seeds, and water in a food processor until very smooth and thick; add the bananas, berries, and ice and pulse a few times to incorporate. Pour into bowls, top with your favorite toppings, and serve.
To make this smoothie even easier, use baby kale leaves, you can use them whole.
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
Really delicious smoothie! Sometimes kale can be a bit bitter to me, but the mint and bananas really evened out the earthy flavor. In addition to flax, I also added some hemp seeds.