Minted Kale Breakfast Bowl
- 6 cups torn kale leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 10 almonds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons flax seeds
- 1½ cup water, or more as needed
- 2 frozen bananas, chopped
- 2/3 cup frozen mixed berries)
- 1/2 cup ice
- Optional: flax seeds, granola, bee pollen, fresh fruit
- Process kale, mint leaves, almonds, chia seeds, flax seeds, and water in a food processor until very smooth and thick; add the bananas, berries, and ice and pulse a few times to incorporate. Pour into bowls, top with your favorite toppings, and serve.
To make this smoothie even easier, use baby kale leaves. Those you can use whole and can skip the step of tearing and removing from the stalk. Spinach works great too!
What others are saying
Jenny J says:
I added oats to to this smoothie, it was really filling. I also added agave syrup to sweeten it little bit.
Sarah Gray says:
Spinach worked perfectly in this recipe. I prefer it over the taste of kale. I also added a drizzle of honey and fresh fruit for topping. Definitely a great breakfast smoothie.
Jordan Clark says:
I reduced the amount of liquid by 1-2 cup because I like my smoothies a little thick, especially when serving in a bowl. I also added spirulina for the health benefits. Delicious!
Greg Jones says:
My wife finally got me to try this kale breakfast bowl, and I'm glad I did. It's delicious and healthy, perfect when you need a detox. We didn't have frozen mixed berries, but used frozen strawberries instead and it was really good.
Katie Hason says:
Really delicious smoothie! Sometimes kale can be a bit bitter to me, but the mint and bananas really evened out the earthy flavor. In addition to flax, I also added some hemp seeds.