Chile Chicken and Noodles
- 10 green chile peppers, thinly sliced
- ½ cup prepared sweet and sour sauce
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- ½ head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 (3 ounce) packages instant ramen noodles
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Mix green chiles, sweet and sour sauce, water, soy sauce, sriracha, and 2 cloves minced garlic together in a large bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and marinate chicken in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Prepare an ice bath (large bowl of ice-cold water) to have nearby.
- Blanch carrots in boiling water for 30 seconds; remove carrots with a slotted spoon and plunge into the ice bath to stop cooking process. Blanch broccoli in the water for 30 seconds to 1 minute; transfer immediately to the ice bath. Once carrots and broccoli are completely cooled, drain.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil; add ramen noodles and cook until al dente, about 90 seconds. Drain noodles.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Pour chicken and marinade into the hot wok; cook, stirring constantly, until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken and sauce to a clean bowl and return wok to high heat.
- Heat vegetable oil in the wok. Stir onion, soy sauce, and 1 clove minced garlic together with the hot oil; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add noodles to the onion mixture; cook while keeping noodles moving continually for 2 minutes. Return chicken and sauce to the wok; stir. Add carrots and broccoli, stir, and sauté until hot, another 1 to 2 minutes.
Snow peas would also be delicious in this recipe. Use them in addition to or as a replacement for either the broccoli or carrots. For vegetarian noodles, substitute cubed tofu for the chicken and marinate as directed. Use fewer chiles for a more mild flavor and more chiles if you like to turn up the heat.
What others are saying
Aja A says:
Great dish to jazz up my package of ramen noodles! I added a little bit more sriracha for extra heat and some bok choy. Definitely a winner!
Sam Dalton says:
Very good! Love the flavor and spice of this dish. The ramen noodles were the perfect pair with the chicken and chiles. Definitely going to make this again soon.
Jessica Scott says:
I love all the peppers and garlicky flavors in this dish! I added extra sriracha because I like to go crazy with it. This was super easy and a great way to put my ramen noodle package to use. Talk about college food elevated! Amazing.