Chile Chicken and Noodles
- 10 green chilies, sliced thinly
- ½ cup prepared sweet and sour sauce
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced thinly
- ½ head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 (3-ounce) packages instant ramen noodles
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Mix the green chilies, sweet and sour sauce, water, soy sauce, sriracha, and garlic together in a large bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and marinate chicken in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 24 hours.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Prepare an ice bath (large bowl of ice-cold water) to have nearby.
- Blanch the carrots in boiling water for 30 seconds; remove carrots with a slotted spoon and plunge into the ice bath to stop cooking process. Blanch the broccoli in the water for 30 seconds to 1 minute; remove immediately to the ice bath. Once carrots and broccoli are completely cooled, drain.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil; add ramen noodles and cook until al dente, about 90 seconds. Drain noodles.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Pour the chicken and marinade into the hot wok; cook, stirring constantly, until the chicken is browned completely, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken and sauce to a clean bowl and return wok to high heat.
- Heat vegetable oil in the wok. Stir onion, soy sauce, and garlic together with the hot oil; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add noodles to the onion mixture; cook while keeping noodles moving continually for 2 minutes. Return chicken and sauce to the work; stir. Add carrots and broccoli, stir, and sauté until hot, another 1 to 2 minutes.
Snow peas would also be delicious in this recipe. Use them in addition to or as a replacement for either the broccoli or carrots. For vegetarian noodles, substitute cubed tofu for the chicken and marinate as directed.
What others are saying
Aja A says:
Great dish to jazz up my package of ramen noodles! I added a little bit more sriracha for extra heat and some bok choy. Definitely a winner!
Jessica Scott says:
I love all the peppers and garlicky flavors in this dish! I added extra sriracha because I like to go crazy with it. This was super easy and a great way to put my ramen noodle package to use. Talk about college food elevated! Amazing.
Sam Dalton says:
Very good! Love the flavor and spice of this dish. The ramen noodles were the perfect pair with the chicken and chiles. Definitely going to make this again soon.