Chocolate Coconut Granola Clusters
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup chopped mixed nuts
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup chia seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 275°F (135°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the oats, coconut flakes, nuts, cocoa powder, chia seeds, and salt together in a large bowl. Whisk the coconut oil, honey, molasses, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl until smooth; pour over the oats mixture and stir to coat.
- Spread the granola mixture onto the baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven, stirring once after 20 minutes, for 40 minutes. Cool granola completely before transferring to an airtight container for storage.
Keep this granola on hand to satisfy late-night chocolate cravings. Try letting it soak in almond milk for a few minutes for a candy-like treat.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
These are my guilty pleasure. Eating chocolate for breakfast? Why not! These help me get through my craving for chocolate, without splurging on candy bars and junk food.
Steve Failows says:
I was excited to make this one for a healthy snack to keep around the house. It turned out pretty good but next time around I'll probably up the honey a little bit, as I prefer a sweeter taste to it.
Caro Hodgin says:
Yum, I have always loved making Ina Garten's hazelnut granola but I figured I'd switch it up and try something very different. This chocolate and coconut packed granola is OUT OF THIS WORLD good. Will definitely make it into my regular rotation.
Randall Hauk says:
Needed a quick and easy snack to take on a day trip to a festival that was going to have us out of the house all day. With one child saddled with far too many allergies, store-bought granola is often a dice roll, so it's not worth it when you can make it so easily. This made a nice-sized batch that kept the kids snacking all day and avoiding the behavioral issues that come with sudden-onset hunger. BIG WIN!