Salmon and Tzatziki Sandwich
- Tzatziki Sauce:
- ½ cup Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- salt and ground white pepper to taste
- Salmon Sandwiches:
- 2 salmon fillets
- ½ teaspoon dried dill, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil, or as needed
- 4 slices store-bought or homemade bread, toasted
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, or to taste
- ½ cup baby arugula, or to taste
- Mix yogurt, extra-virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, fresh dill, and garlic together in a bowl; add cucumber to the yogurt mixture and stir to coat. Season the tzatziki with salt and pepper. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Season salmon fillets with dried dill, salt, and pepper; let seasoned fillets rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat grapeseed oil in a skillet over medium heat, Cook the salmon in the hot skillet to your preferred doneness, about 5 minutes per side.
- Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil onto one side of two slices of toasted bread; top with arugula, tzatziki, salmon, and remaining bread slices.
If being gluten-free is your choice, serve with gluten-free bread. This even tastes great over a bed of quinoa!
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
I've made a million different Tzatziki sauce recipes, but this one gets a solid A. It was the perfect addition to these yummy salmon sandwiches. I used French bread but next time may go with a lighter loaf. All in all I loved this dish!
Greg Jones says:
Very nice tzatziki recipe, and the salmon is mouthwatering. This sandwich is as good as it sounds. I will definitely be making this again.