Spicy Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red chile pepper, chopped
- 5 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onions
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper together In a bowl. Toss the chicken strips with the flour until completely coated. Shake chicken pieces to remove excess flour.
- Fry chicken strips in the hot oil in batches until golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate, retaining oil in the skillet.
- Stir broccoli, chile pepper, and garlic together in the skillet. Reduce heat to low. Mix lime juice, soy sauce, and sugar together in a small bowl; pour over the broccoli mixture. Increase heat to medium-high. Bring sauce to a simmer and cook until the broccoli is tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Return chicken to the skillet and stir. Cook until the chicken is reheated, about 1 minute. Sprinkle spring onions over the chicken and broccoli, stir, and immediately remove from heat.
Would you like this recipe gluten-free? Just substitute cornstarch for the flour and coconut aminos for the soy sauce for a delicious gluten-free stir-fry!
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
I've always loved chicken and broccoli stir-fry but this just takes it to the next level. Love the spice with the chile pepper. Such a fresh dish and flavorful.