Stuffed Turkey Burger with Gorgonzola and Spinach
- 2 pound ground turkey
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup ground oats
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup sautéed spinach
- Combine ground turkey, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, Greek yogurt, oats, parsley, soy sauce, salt, pepper, paprika, turmeric, and garlic powder in a large bowl, mixing well with your hands; form into 6 patties.
- Mix Gorgonzola cheese, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and spinach together in a separate bowl; roll into quarter-sized balls.
- Put a cheese ball in the center of a patty, fold patty in half, and gently roll and flatten again into a patty with the cheese mixture in the center; repeat with remaining patties and cheese mixture.
- Place patties onto a sheet pan and chill in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties in skillet until the cheese is melted and turkey is no longer pink, about 7 minutes per side. A thermometer inserted into the center of each patty should read at least 165°F.
For a lighter bun option, serve stuffed turkey burgers in pita bread.
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
I already love a good turkey burger, but this stuffed version was incredible! I splurged and bought the Gorgonzola and I'm so glad I did. Phenomenal flavor!
Greg Jones says:
Delicious turkey burger! This recipe was so good, it makes me want to stuff all of my burgers now. Very easy recipe to make on the grill.