Roasted Garlic and Zucchini Medley
- 4 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Toss zucchini and yellow squash with a liberal amount of salt; transfer to a colander set over a bowl to drain for 10 minutes.
- Rinse excess salt from the squash mixture and pat dry with paper towel. Toss squash mixture with olive oil and garlic; season with black pepper. Spread squash mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven until tender, about 12 minutes.
If you're craving more veggies in your diet, you can easily double this recipe and eat as a healthy main course. Squash is in peak season during the summer months, so be sure to grab some at your local farmer's market!
What others are saying
Randall Hauk says:
I was looking for something more flavorful than what I normally do, which is to toss the squash simply with oil, salt, and pepper and grill it. I wanted the garlic to really bring something, but it just didn't quite come together the way I had hoped. Not bad at all, but I had ultimately wished I had just grilled it. Maybe infuse some oil with garlic to really capture that flavor better in this application.
Annie Chambers Myott says:
I don't think I've ever properly made roasted zucchini/ squash. It always turns out a bit bland. It's important to consistently cut the slices with a good knife. My pieces cooked at different times despite my best efforts. Also if you get a large squash and large zucchini like I did, this is an enormous amount if sliced thinly. It took me three baking sheets! Also, added a bit of chili powder for some spice to go with another spicy main dish.