Roasted Cauliflower with Thyme and Nutmeg
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and cut ¼-inch-thick slices
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Lay cauliflower slices onto a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle nutmeg over the cauliflower; season generously with salt and pepper. Lay thyme springs atop the cauliflower.
- Roast in preheated oven until tender, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the cauliflower slices and continue to roast for 5 to 7 minutes more.
Why not try roasted cauliflower as a snack? The oven does most of the work, so you can just chow down on this excellent source of natural antioxidants, vitamins, and phytochemicals.
What others are saying
Caro Hodgin says:
Roasted cauliflower is my ABSOLUTE go-to roasted veggie. I love roasting florets, I love grilling or roasting cauliflower "steaks" - I love it all. Nutmeg, thyme and parmesan combine in such a unique and flavorful way here. I like my cauliflower a bit crispy, so I blasted it under the broiler for 3 minutes just before serving.