Roasted Cauliflower with Thyme and Nutmeg
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and cut ¼-inch-thick slices
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Lay cauliflower slices onto a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle nutmeg over the cauliflower; season generously with salt and pepper. Lay thyme springs atop the cauliflower.
- Roast in preheated oven until tender, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the cauliflower slices and continue to roast for 5 to 7 minutes more.
Why not try roasted cauliflower as a snack? The oven does most of the work, so you can just chow down on this excellent source of natural antioxidants, vitamins, and phytochemicals.
What others are saying
Steven Gomes says:
Wasn't sure how I would feel about nutmeg, but it was really good with the thyme. The parmesan cheese was also the perfect addition. Great as a side dish.
Anthony Cohen says:
Love roasted cauliflower, but not the thyme and nutmeg combo. I went with thyme, rosemary, and garlic powder. It went perfectly with my wife's famous roasted chicken and carrots.
Monica Allen says:
Roasted cauliflower is my favorite, but not a huge fan of the nutmeg. I did thyme and cayenne pepper for spice, plus grated parmesan cheese.
Sam Dalton says:
Roasted cauliflower is always good, but this thyme and nutmeg version is really amazing. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but you can definitely taste the flavors in this dish. It's the perfect side dish and really easy to prepare.
Caro Hodgin says:
Roasted cauliflower is my ABSOLUTE go-to roasted veggie. I love roasting florets, I love grilling or roasting cauliflower "steaks" - I love it all. Nutmeg, thyme and parmesan combine in such a unique and flavorful way here. I like my cauliflower a bit crispy, so I blasted it under the broiler for 3 minutes just before serving.