Strawberry-Basil Frozen Yogurt
- ⅓ cup agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- ¼ cup loosely packed basil, roughly chopped
- 1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 pound strawberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine agave nectar with the basil leaves in a saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook at a simmer for 10 minutes. Drain and discard basil. Let agave nectar cool completely.
- Combine agave nectar, yogurt, strawberries, agave, and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor; process until smooth. Transfer yogurt mixture to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Freeze yogurt in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions.
Try this recipe with your favorite berry or a combination of berries.
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
This is the perfect recipe if you want to impress someone special! I made this for my wife and she loved it. It was the perfect dessert following a great steak dinner. Very flavorful.
Jen the Mighty says:
Frozen yogurt is so good, and this one is a solid recipe. The basil steeped in agave brings a nice flavor for a sweet syrup, and then tart yogurt balances out that sweetness from the agave and strawberries. Really nice.