The Ultimate Chicken and Mozzarella Bake
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup prepared pesto
- 12 slices sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced into ½-inch discs
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F (210°C). Move an oven rack to the center position.
- Arrange the chicken breasts into the bottom of a baking dish. Spoon about 2 tablespoons pesto over each chicken breast to cover completely.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Lay three large sundried tomato slices atop each chicken breast; top with mozzarella slices and season with cracked black pepper.
- Bake until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through and the juices run clear, another 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with fresh basil to serve.
Roasted zucchini would be a wonderful and easy side dish. Toss thick slices with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast on a rimmed baking sheet while cooking the chicken.
What others are saying
Santana Williams says:
Probably my favorite recipe on this site! I'm new to experimenting with pesto, and never knew it was that delicious, especially when paired with mozzarella. It's the perfect family meal!
DC Cote says:
Super cheesy and delicious! You really can't go wrong with this recipe. Everyone in my house loved it. I made it with the zucchini, like the recipe suggested. So, so good!
Dominique M says:
I didn't use sun-dried tomatoes, not really a fan. Still loved the recipe though! I used homemade basil (a must) and added extra cheese. This is considered my "cheat day" meal because of all the cheese. Yummy!
Greg Jones says:
One of my favorite cheat day meals! I add extra cheese too. Really delicious. I'm not a fan of sun dried tomatoes so I used real tomatoes instead.
Jen the Mighty says:
I love one-pan dishes, especially on weeknights. I also love sun-dried tomatoes. I chopped the basil and sprinkled it over the top to use as flavor instead of just garnish. Delicious.