The Ultimate Chicken and Mozzarella Bake
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup prepared pesto
- 12 slices sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced into ½-inch discs
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F (210°C). Move an oven rack to the center position.
- Arrange the chicken breasts into the bottom of a baking dish. Spoon about 2 tablespoons pesto over each chicken breast to cover completely.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Lay three large sundried tomato slices atop each chicken breast; top with mozzarella slices and season with cracked black pepper.
- Bake until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through and the juices run clear, another 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with fresh basil to serve.
Roasted zucchini would be a wonderful and easy side dish. Toss thick slices with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast on a rimmed baking sheet while cooking the chicken.
What others are saying
Jen the Mighty says:
I love one-pan dishes, especially on weeknights. I also love sun-dried tomatoes. I chopped the basil and sprinkled it over the top to use as flavor instead of just garnish. Delicious.