The Ultimate Chicken and Mozzarella Bake
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup prepared pesto
- 12 slices sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced into ½-inch discs
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F (210°C). Move an oven rack to the center position.
- Arrange the chicken breasts into the bottom of a baking dish. Spoon about 2 tablespoons pesto over each chicken breast to cover completely.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Lay three large sundried tomato slices atop each chicken breast; top with mozzarella slices and season with cracked black pepper.
- Bake until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through and the juices run clear, another 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with fresh basil to serve.
Roasted zucchini would be a wonderful and easy side dish. Toss thick slices with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast on a rimmed baking sheet while cooking the chicken.
What others are saying
Jen the Mighty says:
I love one-pan dishes, especially on weeknights. I also love sun-dried tomatoes. I chopped the basil and sprinkled it over the top to use as flavor instead of just garnish. Delicious.
Greg Jones says:
One of my favorite cheat day meals! I add extra cheese too. Really delicious. I'm not a fan of sun dried tomatoes so I used real tomatoes instead.
Dominique M says:
I didn't use sun-dried tomatoes, not really a fan. Still loved the recipe though! I used homemade basil (a must) and added extra cheese. This is considered my "cheat day" meal because of all the cheese. Yummy!
DC Cote says:
Super cheesy and delicious! You really can't go wrong with this recipe. Everyone in my house loved it. I made it with the zucchini, like the recipe suggested. So, so good!
Santana Williams says:
Probably my favorite recipe on this site! I'm new to experimenting with pesto, and never knew it was that delicious, especially when paired with mozzarella. It's the perfect family meal!