Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package cauliflower rice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- Put chicken in a bowl and season with paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper; stir to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in hot oil until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir cauliflower rice, cilantro, and lime juice with the chicken. Place a cover on the skillet, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook chicken mixture until chicken is cooked completely through and cauliflower rice is tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
You can also easily make cauliflower rice in your kitchen instead of purchasing it. Add 3 cups cauliflower florets to the bowl of a food processor, then pulse until finely chopped. Scrape into a bowl and cook as directed in recipe. The rice will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
What others are saying
Jen the Mighty says:
I couldn't find cauliflower rice (go figure, I swear I just saw it somewhere), so I just pulsed a pound of cauliflower florets in my food processor until they looked like rice. Voila! Tasted sooooo good with chicken and cilantro. Loved using lime for this -- would have thought lemon, so this was a vibrant change of pace.
chef chris says:
I'm not to fond of the cauliflower rice. it did taste good. I'm not running to make this again
Katie Hason says:
I love cauliflower rice, and this version with the lime chicken was so delicious! The cumin, lime, and cilantro together were incredible. It's super light and delicious. This makes eating "healthy" so easy!
Sarah Gray says:
I made my own caufliwer rice in my pressure cooker, best decision ever! This was a really delicious dish. Definitely will make it again.
Jeremy Hughes says:
I used regular rice with the cilantro lime chicken and it was really good. I also used chicken thighs instead of breasts, but to each his own. Cumin, salt, and pepper were perfect for seasoning. Glad I tried this out.