Pan-Fried Tilapia with Fresh Pineapple and Mango Salsa
- 4 (4 to 6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup diced avocado
- Season tilapia with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sear tilapia in hot oil until the flesh is firm and flakes easily, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Mix mango, pineapple, basil, lime juice, and 1 tablespoon of oil together in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Gently fold avocado into the salsa just before serving with the tilapia.
You can pair any type of fish with this delicious and light summer salsa. For added heat, use diced jalapeño pepper in the salsa.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
This pineapple mango salsa is my new favorite! I took the tilapia and salsa and made tacos. So good!
Randall Hauk says:
Do yourself a favor and double or triple the salsa part of the recipe because you're going to want more of it. FANTASTIC!