Pan-Fried Tilapia with Fresh Pineapple and Mango Salsa
- 4 (4 to 6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup diced avocado
- Season tilapia with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sear tilapia in hot oil until the flesh is firm and flakes easily, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Mix mango, pineapple, basil, lime juice, and 1 tablespoon of oil together in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Gently fold avocado into the salsa just before serving with the tilapia.
Look for avocados and mangoes that are firm with just a little bit of give when you squeeze them. You can pair any type of fish with this light and delicious summer salsa. For added heat, add a little diced jalapeño pepper to the salsa. For a different take, try cilantro instead of basil.
What others are saying
Kaylee Adams says:
Made this with sole fish and used a store-bought mango salsa for convenience. I also used cilantro instead of basil, and it was incredible. I pan fried it in my skillet in mere minutes. Such a great weeknight dinner.
Jenny J says:
Not a fan of tilapia, so I replaced with catfish. The salsa was really good. Light and delicious!
Sarah Gray says:
I made this with salmon instead of tilapia and also added jalapeño to the salsa for spice. Best decision!
Sam Dalton says:
This pineapple mango salsa is my new favorite! I took the tilapia and salsa and made tacos. So good!
Randall Hauk says:
Do yourself a favor and double or triple the salsa part of the recipe because you're going to want more of it. FANTASTIC!