Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Yogurt Dressing
- Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon fine salt, or more to taste
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced ¼-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Yogurt Dressing
- ½ cup Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (210°C).
- Mix the garlic powder, paprika, pepper, and salt.
- Toss sweet potatoes with olive oil in a bowl. Sprinkle garlic powder mixture over the potato slices and toss to coat.
- Spread potatoes onto a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in preheated oven until golden brown and crisp on top, 15 to 18 minutes. Turn the potatoes and continue baking until completely browned, 15 to 18 minutes more.
- Mix yogurt, olive oil, parsley, vinegar, and garlic together in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Serve with the sweet potato fries.
The yogurt dressing is very versatile: make a double batch and serve it with roast chicken, on top of spiced lamb or turkey burgers, or with over-easy eggs and toasted pita bread for a savory breakfast. The sauce will keep in the refrigerator for up to five days.
For more french fry recipes, you might enjoy:
What others are saying
Aja A says:
What a guilt-free treat! I could snack on these all day. This is one of the only ways I like to eat sweet potatoes and the dressing perfectly compliments the fries. You can probably bake a big batch of these and freeze them for later, but they haven't been able to last long enough for me to do that.
Katie Hason says:
I can never get my sweet potatoes fries just right, they always usually turn out soggy. For some reason, this recipe just works. Maybe it's the olive oil. Either way, these are a new favorite.