Strawberry Shortcake Cashew Balls
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup pitted dates
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¾ cup freeze-dried strawberries
For best results, we recommend using:
- Pulse cashews, dates, coconut, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and salt together in a food processor until coarsely chopped and mixed; add the strawberries and pulse a few times just to break them up. Alternately, blend in the chopper attachment of an immersion blender until chopped and mixed.
- Roll the mixture into 12 balls; store in a airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Optional: Pair with a Very Berry Smoothie for a great morning!
Feel free to use your favorite nuts in this recipe.
What others are saying
Aja A says:
I agree with the previous reviewer, these taste reminiscent of the Good Humor shortcake bars, but more guilt-free. I even added some Halo Top ice cream with these.
Queen Foodie says:
These taste like the delicious coating on the good humor ice cream bars! I also made the recipe using almonds and I love love love them.