Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake In A Mug
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt together in a microwave-safe mug. Stir the egg, vegetable oil, and maple syrup into the flour mixture with a fork until ingredients are completely moistened. Stir chocolate chips into the batter.
- Cook in microwave oven for 2 minutes. Let the cake cool for 2 to 3 minutes before enjoying.
Check your mugs to make sure that they are microwave safe. To prepare this cake for more than one person, simply double or quadruple the recipe, and divide the batter between mugs. Microwave the mugs one at a time to ensure that the cake is fully baked.
What others are saying
Alice Rodriguez says:
So many ways to dress it up, I love this one! I use a GF flour instead of coconut (belly ache like never!) works even better. Some dried cherries really added a nice touch.
Sam Dalton says:
I made two for me and my wife and they turned out really delicious and decadent. I loves these individual-size desserts. She almost didn't believe that I actually made it in the microwave!
Katie Hason says:
You had me at microwavable cake! Plus it's gluten free! This is a great recipe and the trick is to make sure you pick really good cocoa powder. So easy and delicious, can't wait to make again soon!