Ground Turkey, Spinach, and Garbanzo Bean Skillet
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans -- rinsed, drained, and patted dry
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Melt ghee in a skillet over medium-high heat. Break turkey into chunks and add to the skillet; cook, breaking the meat into small pieces as you stir, until completely browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Season with cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Stir onion with the turkey and cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes; add garbanzo beans and spinach and continue cooking while stirring frequently until the spinach wilts, about 5 minutes more.
- Remove skillet from heat to stir lemon juice through the dish; season with salt and pepper.
Garbanzo beans are high in protein and fiber, so if you are looking for a satisfying vegan meal, you can ditch the ground turkey and double the beans in the recipe and get a delicious and nutritious dinner.
What others are saying
Randall George says:
Pretty good! It came together quickly and had plenty of flavor without too much fuss to get it. Nice to have a protein-packed meal like this. May do it with kale next!
Jacqulyne de Jardins says:
Made this for a week lunch meal prep tonight and had a sample before putting away. I enjoy the flavors going on. With turkey being extremely low-fat, I had to be extra careful not to overcook it. I did add a bit of cayenne for heat. Next time I will try this with italian-seasoned ground chicken.