30-Minute White Bean Chicken Chili
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- Melt ghee in a large stock pot on medium-high heat. sauté onion in hot ghee until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour chicken stock into the pot; add the white beans, green chilles, garlic, cumin, and ancho chili powder. Bring to a boil, stir, and cook at a simmer until beans soften, 8 to 10 minutes.
- While the chili simmers, remove skin from the rotisserie chicken; discard. Strip meat from the bones, shred, and add to the chili; cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Craving more heat for your chili? Spice it up by adding 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or some fresh sliced jalapeños. Or try a combo of both! But definitely taste as you go.
What others are saying
Juan Garza says:
Love love love this recipe! Super easy to make, and crazy delicious. I did add a tough of chili garlic paste, but that's it. Definitely recommend to the entire world.
Monica Allen says:
If you're looking for a quick, light, and healthy chili, this recipe is perfect. I added a diced jalapeño for extra spice and two cans of green chilies. Cheese is totally optional, but I added a ton. So yummy!
Rainey Tanner says:
Sry easy and super delicious!
Aja A says:
So quick, so easy! I usually get chicken chili from a fast food restaurant our here on the west coast, but this recipe will have me dropping that. Th green chilies are great, but not enough heat for me, so the cayenne steps in nicely. Some tortilla strips added to the top gives a great crunch to this chili.
Randall Hauk says:
Hard to be mad a a chili you can have ready this quickly. I liked using the Ancho powder. Seemed to give a boost in replacing the longer stewing time you normally use for chili. Definitely have this in your arsenal for using those rotisserie chickens to make quick dinners.
Jennifer Ingram says:
Easy, tasty, healthy - even the kids enjoy it. To make this recipe even quicker, I used a taco seasoning packet. Top with lime-enhanced sour cream and cilantro - but only if you have extra time, as it doesn't need it. If you have tortilla chip crumbs, throw those on top to add a little salty crunch!