Banana and Chocolate Protein Pancake
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- Mix the almond flour, baking powder, coconut flour, and protein powder together in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend banana, eggs, and almond milk in a blender until smooth; pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high and prepare with cooking spray with non-stick spray. Ladle batter into the hot skillet in small amounts to make small circles; cook until bubbles begin to form in the top, press a few chocolate chips into each pancake and flip. Continue cooking until the chips begin to melt, 1 to 2 minutes more. Repeat with remaining batter.
These can burn more quickly than classic pancake batter, so keep a close eye on them when cooking. To bump up the fiber levels even more, serve the pancakes with fresh fruits, such as strawberries, blueberries, or blackberries.
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
These chocolate and banana protein pancakes are addicting. The almond flour means my wife who is gluten free can eat it (which also means I have to share) but we love making this recipe on the weekends.