Banana and Chocolate Protein Pancake
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- Mix the almond flour, baking powder, coconut flour, and protein powder together in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend banana, eggs, and almond milk in a blender until smooth; pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high and prepare with cooking spray with non-stick spray. Ladle batter into the hot skillet in small amounts to make small circles; cook until bubbles begin to form in the top, press a few chocolate chips into each pancake and flip. Continue cooking until the chips begin to melt, 1 to 2 minutes more. Repeat with remaining batter.
These can burn more quickly than classic pancake batter, so keep a close eye on them when cooking.
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
These chocolate and banana protein pancakes are addicting. The almond flour means my wife who is gluten free can eat it (which also means I have to share) but we love making this recipe on the weekends.