Chicken and Potato Soup
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 3 russet potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Melt ghee in a large stock pot on medium-high heat. sauté onion in hot ghee until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour chicken stock into the pot; add the potatoes, garlic, rosemary, and thyme. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook potatoes at a simmer until fork-tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes simmer, remove skin from the rotisserie chicken and discard. Strip meat from the bones and shred.
- Stir chicken with the potatoes and continue cooking for an additional 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to serve.
Craving chicken noodle soup? Just ditch the potatoes in this recipe, cook your noodles in a separate pot, and serve the soup over a bed of cooked noodles.
What others are saying
Aja A says:
A great comfort soup that can be enjoyed any time of the day. Even when I'm not sick I like to sip the broth from this soup cause it's so good! Make sure to buy chicken backs to make the broth if you can find it.