Grilled Salmon and Asparagus Foil Packets
- 4 (6 ounce) skin-on salmon fillets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound pencil-thin asparagus
- 4 lemon slices
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Mix melted butter, garlic, lemon zest together in a bowl.
- Arrange four large squares of aluminum foil onto a flat work surface. Place a fillet into the center of each square. Divide the asparagus spears and tomato halves between the four portions; top each with a lemon slice. Drizzle butter mixture evenly over each portion. Bring opposing sides of each sheet of foil together and fold to keep together. Twist the ends together to seal completely.
- Cook on preheated grill until salmon flakes easily with a fork, 11 to 13 minutes.
The technique in this recipe can be adapted for other varieties of fish and vegetables. Try mahi mahi. Adjust your cooking time depending on thickness of fillets. A quinoa side dish would be a great accompaniment to this.
What others are saying
Laura Griffin says:
These grilled salmon and asparagus foil packets were so easy! I can't believe I had not thought of this before. The lemon butter sauce was perfect. This is my favorite way to make this dish now.
Jacqulyne de Jardins says:
Really tasty and easy salmon dish. I added in some herb butter and it was fantastic for a Keto dinner.