Cauliflower and Garbanzo Bean Pocket-Sandwiches with Tahini Sauce
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 whole pitas, warmed and cut into halves
- Preheat oven 425°F (220°C).
- Spread cauliflower florets onto a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the cauliflower; season with cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Roast cauliflower in preheated oven until golden, 30 to 40 minutes.
- While the cauliflower roasts, mix yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, and garlic together in a bowl; season with salt..
- Toss garbanzo beans, tomato halves, and parsley together in a large bowl.
- Stuff each pita half with cauliflower and the garbanzo bean mixture. Drizzle the tahini sauce over the fillings to serve.
Serve these delicious and healthy pockets with a side of your favorite pickles and olives.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
These pocket sandwiches are really good! Definitely on my list of most favorites. The roasted cauliflower and garbanzo bean mixture were my favorite part of this recipe.