Cauliflower and Garbanzo Bean Pocket-Sandwiches with Tahini Sauce
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 whole pitas, warmed and cut into halves
- Preheat oven 425°F (220°C).
- Spread cauliflower florets onto a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the cauliflower; season with cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Roast cauliflower in preheated oven until golden, 30 to 40 minutes.
- While the cauliflower roasts, mix yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, and garlic together in a bowl; season with salt.
- Toss garbanzo beans, tomato halves, and parsley together in a large bowl.
- Stuff each pita half with cauliflower and the garbanzo bean mixture. Drizzle the tahini sauce over the fillings to serve.
These healthy pita pockets would also be delicious with a side of your favorite pickles and olives. Alternatively, add 1 cup chopped cucumber to the garbanzo and tomato mixture, or sprinkle in some capers or crumbled feta cheese for an added savory element.
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
Theses were so delicious! I love the chickpeas and cauliflower together. I've been trying to eat better while I'm at work, so these are great for me to take to lunch instead of eating out.
Sam Dalton says:
These pocket sandwiches are really good! Definitely on my list of most favorites. The roasted cauliflower and garbanzo bean mixture were my favorite part of this recipe.